Does your teenager show the potential to be a leader? The Alzar School offers full semester experiences for motivated teenagers in their sophomore or junior year of high school. Your son or daughter could benefit from working closely with teachers who are committed to helping prepare them for a lifetime of leading and learning. The Alzar School not only prepares students for college… it prepares them for life beyond college as leaders who make the world a better place. Some of the reasons you should encourage your son or daughter to apply to the Alzar School:
- Rigorous academics – While at the Alzar School, your son or daughter will get all their traditional classes, but enjoy a 1:5 teacher to student ratio. Our rigorous curriculum is college preparatory in nature.
- Leadership training - Your son or daughter will receive tangible training as a leader. Our students also get the chance to practice and receive feedback. They also develop and implement a culminating project in an area they are passionate about.
- Outdoor adventure – Exploring the outdoors is a healthy, engaging way to challenge your child. Whether a beginner or expert, your son or daughter can learn technical skills on the river, mountain, and trail.
- Cultural exchange - Your son or daughter will complete an extended expedition to Chile, immersing themselves in Spanish. This experience helps them develop a global perspective and helps prepare them for a globalized marketplace.
- Service learning – Our school engages students in meaningful projects during the semester. Then, using the leadership skills they practice on campus, your son or daughter will develop and initiate a major project that they are passionate about. This is a great way to make a difference and distinguish themselves!
- Environmental stewardship - The Alzar School asks students to examine environmental issues critically and engage in meaningful projects to preserve the areas they care about. And, your child will get to live in a school that was designed sustainably.
Think this program might fit your son or daughter’s needs? Check out what the semester program will be like.
Want more information? Feel free to contact us directly.